We provide several avenues for serving with EchoKids so that anyone can find where their skills & talents can lend themselves to the ministry! We also know not everyone can give all of their time, so we've defined the level of commitment required for each role for your convenience.
Low Level Commitment Roles
These roles require little to no contact with the kids. It takes a small amount of time & energy to complete. Great for those who are already committed to other volunteer roles on a Sunday morning and also those who aren't comfortable interacting with kids.
- Audio/Visual Setup and/or Breakdown: Setting up the designated children's laptop to the TV in the kids' classroom prior to class as well as breaking it down again after class is over.
- Classroom Setup and/or Breakdown: Setting up the kids' tables & chairs prior to class starting, as well as breaking those down and putting them away afterward class is over.
- Snacks: Providing a snack for the kids to eat during class time.
Medium Level Commitment Roles
The following roles include those that include interaction with kids and/or requires a little more involvement, time-wise. Ideal for middle & high school students, those who like meeting & greeting people, and the creative types!
- Check-In: Registering new kids and checking in all kids as they come in to the Sunday morning service.
- Teen Helper: Middle & high school students who help the teacher & assistant during class time, while having fun and building relationships with the kids.
- Curriculum Writing & Creating: Meeting with our curriculum team outside of the Sunday kids' class to come up with new material to teach each week, and flex creative muscles with making up activities, games, etc.
High Level Commitment Roles
These are roles that require actual hands-on activities & interactions with the kids in the classroom. They require prep time within the previous week of class in order to do their job well. These roles would be great for those who love to lead, anyone with teaching experience, as well as someone who just love being around kids. Relationship building with the kids is a must in the following roles.
- Assistant: Adult who assists the teacher in the classroom with activities & building meaningful relationship with the kids.
- Lead Teacher: Teaches the lesson and leads activities in the kids' classroom.
- Substitute: Willingness to be on-call for anyone who isn't able to be there in any position pertaining to kids on a Sunday morning.
Contact our Children's Ministry Director, Peggy Stewart!